The UN’s SubGoals for ZERO HUNGER
- End all forms of malnutrition
- Double the productivity and incomes of small-scale food producers
- Maintain the genetic diversity in food production
- Provide universal access to safe and nutritious food
- Create sustainable food production and resilient agricultural practices
- Invest in rural infrastructure, agricultural research, technology and gene banks
- Prevent agricultural trade restrictions, market distortions and export subsidies
- Ensure stable food commodity markets and timely access to information
How you can help
Consume less meat. Why not try being completely vegetarian for at least one day a week? The meat production industry has a hugely detrimental environmental impact.
Don’t waste food. Freeze fresh produce and leftovers if you don’t have the chance to eat them before they go bad.
Buy ugly looking fruit. Unusual shapes, sizes or colours of fruit and veg are often thrown out because they don’t fit the mould. Don’t let them go to waste. Try out funny fruit for delicious, nutritious food.