The UN’s SubGoals for gender equality
- End discrimination against women and girls
- End all violence against and exploitation of women and girls
- Eliminate forced marriages and genital mutilation
- Value unpaid care and promote shared domestic responsibilities
- Ensure full participation in leadership and decision-making
- Universal access to reproductive health and rights
- Equal rights to economic resources, property ownership and financial services
- Adopt and strengthen policies and enforceable legislation for gender equality
How you can help
Be aware of gender stereotypes. Recognize them, avoid them and educate others about them.
Share the workload at home. Sharing domestic responsibilities ensures the work burden doesn’t fall only on one person and instills the value of gender equality and essential life skills in children.
Stand up against harassment. Whenever you see or become aware of harassment, whether in the workplace, streets, home or the online space, raise your voice against it.
Everything you need to know about the Vice President-electRead more
How the message of #challengeaccepted got lostRead more