The UN’s SubGoals for gender equality
- End discrimination against women and girls
- End all violence against and exploitation of women and girls
- Eliminate forced marriages and genital mutilation
- Value unpaid care and promote shared domestic responsibilities
- Ensure full participation in leadership and decision-making
- Universal access to reproductive health and rights
- Equal rights to economic resources, property ownership and financial services
- Adopt and strengthen policies and enforceable legislation for gender equality
How you can help
Be aware of gender stereotypes. Recognize them, avoid them and educate others about them.
Share the workload at home. Sharing domestic responsibilities ensures the work burden doesn’t fall only on one person and instills the value of gender equality and essential life skills in children.
Stand up against harassment. Whenever you see or become aware of harassment, whether in the workplace, streets, home or the online space, raise your voice against it.
Following heavy-handed tactics at the vigil for Sarah Everard, will a collaboration between police and The Girls Network help make a difference?Read more
We provide work and a fresh start to survivors of sex trafficking in Nepal and other disadvantaged womenRead more
We want to fight for full equality for girls and women with the #EqualEverywhere campaignRead more
From gifting flowers to offering time off, here’s how International Women’s Day is celebrated around the globe.Read more