Decent Work and Economic Growth
The UN’s SubGoals for decent work and economic growth
- Diversify, innovate and upgrade for economic productivity
- Promote policies to support job creation and growing enterprises
- Improve resource efficiency in consumption and production
- Ensure full employment and decent work with equal pay
- Promote youth employment, education and training
- End modern slavery, trafficking and child labour
- Protect labour rights and promote safe working environments
- Promote beneficial and sustainable tourism
- Provide universal access to banking, insurance and financial service
- Increase aid for trade support
- Develop a global youth employment strategy
How you can help
Be a conscious consumer. If something is cheap it is likely to be hurting people or the planet in some way.
Read about workers in other countries and business practices. Talk to your colleagues about these issues.
Buy from local producers. Support local economic growth by choosing to buy from local producers and businesses.